|Engineering Power Manager||Madagascar|
|Telecom | Engineering||EMMAG207EM|
Only candidates authorized to work in Madagascar will be considered.
Responsible for the correct function of all technology equipment deployed on a telecoms site, as well as ensuring that best engineering practices, to an acceptable international standard, are followed by anyone who visits the site to carry out maintenance or project related activities including Vendors, Staff and/or customers. Responsible for carrying out Technical Audits on a random basis, to ensure that sites comply will internationally recognised best practices, in particular that all electrical safety devices are fully operational and have not been bypassed or otherwise circumvented in any way.
• Act as the Technology Authority within the OPCO and be the SPOC for all technical related questions, including site design approvals as well as the standard of what is operationally acceptable practices from any on-going project related works.
• Work closely with the Group Director of Technology to ensure compliance to technical standards.
• Carry out due diligence with locals suppliers to ensure that they can perform the work to which they have been contracted.
•Accountable for the technical performance of all power solutions deployed onto a site, including renewable energy solutions
• Gives oversees the implementation and gives feedback on the technical and OPEX performance of all new technology and O&T project initiatives introduced to the OPCO.
• Approve project designs as fit for purpose and signs off that they have been completed within the technical specification as part of the Operational Acceptance process
• Enforce a recognised level of Best Practice is applied to all technical activities carried out on site
• Mentor staff in what best practice is, and ensure that it is followed accordingly as well as educate staff on the potential consequences of poor maintenance practice on sites
• Carry out random site technical audits to ensure compliance will all relevant technical and SHE requirements, including the correct installation/operation of all site electrical safety components such as surge protection and fuses.
Key Performance Indicators:
-Responsible for the monitoring performance and quality of the Power Systems in conjunction with technical groups and maintenance partners to maintain high standards of Quality of service
-Develop and implement closed loop procedures for regular monitoring of network key performance indicators
-Take the lead in developing and implementing policies and procedures as necessary to achieve performance and quality targets
-Implement, and manage quality improvement process and plans to improve network performance and quality where necessary
-Execute performance data collection according to agreed and defined procedures
-Execution and evaluation of service performance measurements if needed
-Post-processing of the data for defined reports
-Provide unified and centralized reports on network performance and quality (daily, weekly, monthly and as needed)
-Compliance on accuracy, timing and format of reports as required by the Head of Operations and other business units
-Distribute reports to defined recipients on time
-Monitor, report and communicate network performance at a working and functional level
-Provide necessary escalations if needed
-Maintain and manage output and reports generated from performance and troubleshooting tools such as OSS, RMS, SPOAN, etc. and ensure its accuracy and integrity
-Drive the Regional Operations teams and maintenance partners to deliver the defined network quality performance standards
-Provide performance feedback and drive improvement initiatives
-Build relationships where value can be maximised
-Provide initial point of escalations for network quality issues
-Resolve technical disputes if needed with regards to network quality and performance with the maintenance partners
Apply for This Job
• BSC (Electrical) Engineering or HND in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in an Electrical/Mechanical environment
• Hands on experience of AC & DC power solutions, including diagnostics and trouble resolution.
• Exposure to and understanding of internationally acceptable power practices
• Able to demonstrate effective Management of field based work forces
• Fluent French & good English
Please send your CV in English using the link below;