|Group Compliance Manager | DRC and Congo-Brazzaville||DRC|
Only candidates authorized to work in DRC will be considered.
Working closely with each OpCo Management Team for which he/she has responsibility and all employees to promote a culture of compliance and to ensure that everybody understands their roles and responsibilities in safeguarding the company, its employees, its assets and reputation.
This role is very important to the company to ensure that it has in place a compliance programme that is properly communicated, understood, in use and effective. This helps the Company ensure its day to day activities are conducted according to the rules and comply with applicable laws and regulations which in turn ensures a sustainable future for the business and its employees.
– Reporting to the Francophone Regional Compliance Officer
– Supporting, monitoring and advising the OpCo CEO/MD, OpCo management teams and employees in respect of Compliance Programme activities.
– Working with the respective Heads of Department to locally implement Group compliance related policies, procedures and guidelines, such as but not limited to: Code of Conduct, Integrity (Bribery and Corruption, Gifts and Hospitality, Sponsorships and Donations, Engagement with Public Officials, Conflicts of Interest, Due Diligence among others), Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions etc
– Coordinate compliance communications within each OpCo.
– Assisting with training activities; development of materials, support training activities, conduct trainings and maintain training registers and attendance lists.
– Assisting with ongoing monitoring activities together with Group Compliance
– Providing regular updates to OpCo management teams, the OpCo CEO/MD and the Francophone Regional Compliance Officer on compliance programme activities.
– Driving continuous improvement through ongoing monitoring, identification of issues and coordinating remedial actions and their successful implementation
– Working closely with OpCo SCM (Supply Chain Management), Finance and property/SAQ (site acquisition) teams to ensure that appropriate levels of due diligence are undertaken (risk based approach) on suppliers and landlords with details checked against Company screening databases, PEP (politically exposed person) lists, adverse media etc.
Apply for This Job
– 5 + year’s experience in a senior compliance related role (Compliance/Audit/Legal/Finance) in a regulated industry and/or for an international company
– A self-starter who is capable of working independently
– A strong knowledge of financial, legal and due diligence processes
– Educated to degree level with strong analytical and presentation skills.
– Experienced at both designing and delivering training programs.
– Proficient in French and English
– Ability to travel internally in each country and internationally if, and when, required.
Please send your CV in English using the link below;